Wednesday 18 August 2021

The stories behind the pictures

10 July 2021

While I was taking this pic (between Wangs and Vilters, in Eastern Switzerland), I all of a sudden heard a voice behind me mumbling something I at first could not understand. When I turned around, I spotted an old man (older than me, that is) on a bike, smiling: "The smell you cannot photograph." Obviously, the cow manure in the air was foremost on his mind. And now, needless to say, on my mind too.
10 July 2021

10 July 2021

When approaching Vilters, a noisy flock of birds in a stunning formation flew above my head. For quite some time I tried to place the perfect shot ... and failed miserably. They were simply too fast for me. And so, finally, I gave up and enjoyed watching them taking off from the roof of a nearby farm and flying some rounds before returning to their roof. A few minutes later, they started off again and did a few rounds more. And then again and again ... They impressed me deeply ... and I am sure they knew it ...

No comments: