Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Good Fight

Until very recently (until the Trump-phenomenon, that is), I took democracy and what it implies (equal rights, for instance) somehow for granted. Sure, I knew that women do not get equal pay for the same work as men do and, needless to say, I was also aware of the fact that real democracy nowhere really exists („The best democracy money can buy“, journalist Greg Palace called his book on American democracy) yet I somehow believed that nobody in their right mind would question the fundamental principle that all human beings should be entitled to the same opportunities. And then Trump got elected and it became increasingly apparent that not everybody, as I had erroneously assumed, shared the same principles.

 For the full review, go to 

No comments: