Wednesday 30 March 2022

Photographs and Age



Copyright@Blazenka Kostolna

Photographs are said to make you see time. When looking at these pics I only know that they were taken on 26 November 2021 at Zurich Airport, what I feel however is as if I were still there, as if no time has passed since. I guess it's to do with the fact that I cannot feel the past, I can only feel the present. And, that the present is all there is. Past and future, it seems to me, are merely illusions. Quite persistent ones, I readily admit.

Yet photographs do not only confirm that something has been, they also confirm what we know but do not feel. Differently put: I can see on these pics that I have aged, that I look as old as "my" 68 years, and that my feelings (that suggest that I'm still in my youth) are fooling me. Just look and see, Alan Watts once penned. Right!

No comments: