Wednesday 3 March 2021

Looking at photographs






Copyright@Blazenka Kostolna

It goes without saying that looking at a photograph in a series is very different from looking at a photograph that stands alone. Usually, to present a series of photographs requires thinking. What should be put first, what pic should follow, should they be related to one another? 

In the case of the above shots I did not ask myself any of these questions, I simply kept the order in which they were sent to me by my friend Blazenka who photographed me in the cafe of the Landesmuseum in Zurich in November 2016.

The photographs bring back the circumstances of the shot (the season, the interior of the café) but, to my surprise, nothing else. And although I seem to engage in some serious thought, I do not remember at all what I was then talking about.

No comments: