Wednesday 16 February 2022

Not Now!

Santa Cruz do Sul, 9 December 2021

Not now! is my almost automatic reaction when something needs to be done. Needless to say, I find that strange and irritating. Moreover, I do not like it and, last but not least, it doesn't make any sense to me. I can only guess as to why I seem to prefer to stand with one foot in the past, the other in the future and to piss on the present – because to be in the present is difficult.

To take photographs is about the now. The above pic froze a moment in time that existed only then and only once. It is a document that shows what I saw and my camera recorded on Thursday, 9 December 2021, at around 13 hours Brazilian time

Photography helps me to celebrate the moment. It is a reminder that the here and now is fleeting and gives testimony to the passing of time.

No comments: